Season's greetings from the Hatch team! Don't forget that families and caregivers can continue their fun and educational journey with Ignite by Hatch™ right from the comfort of their own homes. Keep reading for even more Hatch tips and updates!
We have introduced more exciting new features for kindergarten learners in Ignite! We have added 27 new games, including mathematics games (number sequencing, addition, and subtraction) and three new literacy subdomains: phoneme manipulation, craft and structure, and integration of knowledge and ideas.
Responding to user feedback, progress reports in Hatch Insights™ can now be printed as full report PDFs, and playtime reports and entry reports can be exported to CSV files for improved data reporting.
Don’t forget to take advantage of curricular experiences on the Insights dashboard to facilitate continued learning over the holiday break!
Introducing Key Foundations™ by Hatch
Now available to our Ignite customers is Key Foundations™ by Hatch, an evidence-based, research-aligned program that provides print-based literacy instruction in tandem with Ignite’s digital literacy instruction. This 21st-century approach to early literacy, grounded in the science of reading, offers intentional instruction and purposeful practice through a multimodal program.
Is Your Ignite App up to Date?
The current version of Ignite, as of December 12, 2023, is v.4.4. Read more about how to update your app.
Customer Success Corner
The holiday season offers families a great chance to engage in home learning through Insights, which provides a range of activities using common household materials. Additionally, Ignite ensures continuous learning for children, whether at home or while traveling, as it is accessible on mobile devices and web browsers. Read our support article on how families can access Ignite.
Professional Learning and Research
- Did you miss our December webinar, Pre-Decodable Readers: Building Literacy Foundations with Hatch Early Learning & Joy Allcock? Joy Allcock shared the findings and research from The Shine Research Project, the study that led to the creation of Key Foundations by Hatch™. Watch the recording now.
- Key Foundations by Hatch is backed by research and supported by substantial evidence from partner Joy Allcock, MEd. The Shine Literacy Project, involving 32 schools, compared results from trial and comparison groups to measure the impact of its unique approach to foundational reading skills development, providing groundbreaking research for those interested in learning more. Read the evidence to learn more about the research behind Key Foundations by Hatch.
- Extended breaks in the academic year can lead to learning interruptions and necessitate reteaching upon children's return to the classroom. To address this issue, the Georgia Department of Early Care and Learning (DECAL) kept pre-K students engaged in learning over a five-week period using Ignite, offering insights on how to stay connected to learning during extended breaks. Read the blog article to learn more.
For a limited time, save 20% on TeachSmart® and revolutionize your whole-class instruction. Contact us to learn more.
Giving back to our communities is important to us at Hatch. This holiday season, Hatch colleagues around the country volunteered in their communities in an effort to bring joy to families in need. Do you have a community-based need we can support? Reach out to us!
Come see us in January! Hatch staff will be at the following events in January 2024. Be sure to stop by and say hi!
- Florida Literacy Association Advocate '24, January 20–21 in Orlando, FL
- Florida Association of School Administrators, January 22–23 in Tallahassee, FL
- National Head Start Association Winter Leadership Institute, January 22–25 in Crystal City, VA
- Texas Association of School Administrators Midwinter Conference, January 29–30 in Austin, TX